Democracy and open, honest local government have never been at greater risk than now.
We want to make sure that things are done in the interest of all people.
We will continue to hold the Council to account to;
• Monitor and help ensure sound, unbiased planning decisions based on planning documents
• Make every effort to work collaboratively with all parties in the interests of all the residents of our town
• Empower the council employees, on whose professional qualifications and experience we should be relying. After all, they are the experts.
• Work for greater transparency and consultation between Council and residents about long term investment decisions and its impact on funding of our Council
• Seek fair funding for all schools
• Continue to hold quarterly surgeries in convenient locations; making ourselves available to residents to help with their queries and concerns with the Council.
Have you got any questions about decisions made by the council that have made you wonder “Why have they done that?” Add a comment and together, let’s try and find the answers…