When I spoke with Alan this morning about being a candidate in the up and coming Thames Valley Police & Crime Commissioner elections 2021 the phrase that shone out for me was
Policing is About People NOT Politics
He was in the job for 25 years. I grew up the son of a police officer so I have always respected the police and like Alan, I didn’t appreciate the new role of Police & Crime Commissioner being made political. My father, even now, refuses to talk politics. So when I read Alan’s profile on the government’s Choose My PCC website I knew I had to try and help get him more eyeballs!
Please watch the above, read below, visit the Choose My PCC website and review all the candidate profiles, choose your favourite and vote on Thursday 6th May 2021.
If you would also like to ensure more people know that Alan is standing then please:
- contact him via the details below
- let him know how you might help generate more eyeballs
- send him your profile so he knows who he is liaising with
- electioneering can be made ugly by some so he needs to know he is talking to people who can actually help and not those sent to knobble his campaign!
- there are also less than 10 days left to campaign, so he needs to use that time to best effect, making decisive decisions and so may not get round to saying thank you in the moment… I’m sure he will after.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that enough people read about him, feel a connection and then take the proactive step to vote on Thursday 6th May 2021.
When Alan left the police he wrote a book about his experience and self published Policeless: How Policing Lost Its Soul on Amazon.
Policemore: How Policing Will Reclaim Its Soul!
As an independent candidate I will be:
- Free from party political interference
- Free to get the Bobby visible again and Back on the Beat.
- Free to use our policing skills to protect our public.
- Free to gain better community engagement,
- And free to increase police morale and hence its effectiveness.
The police service needs to reclaim its identity. We need to get the Bobby Back on The Beat to reassure and protect the public with their visible presence. We will return to being the friendly familiar face in our communities, not just a voice in a call centre. They will focus on real crimes that affect you the most – burglary, theft, criminal damage, actual violent and sexual crimes, fraud, organised crime and gangs.
You deserve a far more visible and engaged police service, with officers serving you and not politicians and their never-ending quest for statistics. By targeting neighbourhood problems, officers will be able to use their Policing skills and local knowledge to resolve these issues. They will be encouraged to use their own initiative and creativity to enforce the law and resolve local problems either by themselves or working with other interested parties.
I served as a frontline officer for 25 years and saw how political interference resulted in a demoralised, disengaged and less efficient Police Service.
With a targeted local approach, we will be able to increase police morale by increasing a sense of achievement, involvement and community belonging. This will increase their effectivity and productivity for the community.
I am offering you a fresh alternative, you deserve it! Let us make it happen together. Let us get the Bobby Back on The Beat.
Prepared by Alan Robinson, 24 Claydon Close, Banbury, OX16 2DB
e-mail address: Policemore2021@gmail.com