The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead will be sending a team to play in a Twin Towns Local Government Officers Football tournament on the weekend of Friday 20 – Sunday 22 September 2019 in Kortrijk, Belgium.
Teams taking part will be from Bad Godesberg (Germany), Frascati (Italy), Kortrijk (Belgium – two teams), Saint Cloud (France) and Windsor & Maidenhead. The tournament is held every other year.
We are a couple of players short so if you are interested in playing in this tournament please contact Andrew Scott – email@example.com – mobile – 07887565589 TODAY
The cost is about £170 – which covers the travel to Kortrijk, accommodation and most meals. Tournament rules below.
We will be travelling by minibus (Kortrijk is approx. 1 ½ hours from Calais) on Friday 20th September. We are booked on the The Euro Tunnel, departing Folkestone at 9.50am (arriving in Calais at 11.25 am) with the departure from Calais on Sunday 22 September at 4.50pm (arriving Folkestone at 4.25pm). Therefore we will be leaving Maidenhead at about 6.30am on Friday (tomorrow) and returning to Maidenhead at about 7.00pm on the Sunday. However, we will try and get on an earlier train on the Sunday if possible.
· Games played on one half of a full size football pitch. (AstroTurf)
· A team consists of 10 players max.
· Games are played with 6 outfield players + 1 goalkeeper
· 2 yellow cards during the tournament: exclusion for the next game.
· 2 yellow cards in the same match: exclusion in the competition
· Rolling subs – with the consent of the referee (from the centre of the pitch)
· If 2 teams have the same coloured kit the “home” team must change (or wear the yellow bibs provided by the hosts. (should not be a problem with our kit!
· There will be a draw to determine team numbers (1-6).
· Round robin – all teams play against each other.
· Matches are 15 minutes without a break. With a 20 minute break between matches.
· Points : 3 points for the winner, 1 point for a Draw, and a big fat 0 Point for a loss.
· The final classification of this group phase is based on:
o Points Total
o If equal points – the most won matches.
o if equal points and matches won – the best goals balance counts.
o If equal points, equal won matches and equal goals balance – there will be a Duel (which I think they mean a play- off unless they do mean we fight each other!)
· In the afternoon, all the games last 2 X 10 minutes, with a 5 minutes break with side change.
· The 5th and 6th Placed teams will play to determine 5th and 6th position.
· Two semi-final matches (teamed ranked 1 v team ranked 4 and team ranked 2 v team ranked 3)
· Losers of the semi-finals to play to determine 3rd and 4th positions
· Final: Winners of the Semi-finals
· If a match is drawn – match to be decided by penalties. S per team then sudden death.
Any question please let me know.
Civic Team Manager
Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead
St Ives Road
Mobile: 07887 565589
Tel: 01628 796028