I’ve just sat on the panel today to choose the next local community projects to be part of the blue token scheme and I would have preferred to have had more choice… so please spread the word and get local groups that you know to submit an application so we can consider them next time.
This can be worth £1500, £1000 or £500 to a local group 😉
About Tesco Community Grants
Tesco Community Grants support thousands of local community projects and good causes across the UK.
The scheme is open to all registered charities and not-for-profit organisations, with priority given to projects that provide food and support to young people.
Examples of eligible applications with a focus on food security, children and young people could be:
- A local school needing support to buy food for a children’s breakfast club,
- A voluntary organisation working with families to run a food bank,
- A charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health,
- A brownie or scout group needing new camping equipment,
- Kitchen equipment for a youth project to set up a holiday club,
- Supporting a community centre wanting to put on a Christmas lunch or Meals on Wheels service,
- A healthy eating project that supports families to cook healthy meals on a budget,
- A local friends of a park group wanting to develop a new toddler area.
If you are a Tesco customer or colleague, you can also nominate a cause that you’d like to see supported and we’ll contact them to encourage them to apply.
Tesco colleagues in each store will help select those needing a little help in your local area and when our customers are given a blue token, in any of our Tesco stores at the checkout, they can vote for their favourite charity to receive a grant.