After 12 months as Tesco Dedworth’s Community Champion, talking with many local community groups and volunteers, it is very apparent that there is a need for a Directory of Community Groups & Charities for Windsor.
Community groups & charities are crying out for volunteers and with many people working from home these days there is a need for an easily digestible source of opportunities for volunteers in the local area.
Not everyone is on the internet and even those that are can’t source the opportunities easily.
My role at Tesco is part time and knowing there is a need for such a useful document, I’d like to spend a few months bringing this together with your help.
It would need to be A4 so that the type print is easily read by older eyes who tend to do most of the volunteering.
The A4 page would have 3 sections:
- The top third focused on a logo, graphic & contact details.
- The middle section sharing what the organisation actually does.
- And the bottom third refers to what the group needs from volunteers.
There are over 50 groups locally and many more who service Windsor through their outreach programmes. The first edition will aim to get over 40 to join in.
It will take 3 months to bring together as gathering information from groups takes time and we’d want a professional looking end product. We estimate the cost of producing 1,000 copies will be £4,000 and would look to fund the initial production run through sponsorship.
We’d ideally like to have up to 4 sponsors. Each will be given a page to share their news.
Our aim is to have sponsorship agreed by Christmas and the first approaches made to the community groups and charities in early January, with production in March and distribution from April 2024.
We’ll share the directory via the local businesses, community groups, libraries and other channels so copies are accessible to those who would be most interested in how they might help the local community. We’d also facilitate requests for copies via our website.
As well as being included in the hard copy directory we’ll also:
- Provide a PDF copy to the community groups & charities involved
- Share content via our ilovewindsor.co.uk website which achieves around 50,000 pageviews every year and our Facebook Group which gets 50,000 views a month.
- Provide this information to RBWM so they can make use of it via their digital channels.
- If they’d like us to, we’ll create a Google listing for them if they haven’t got one already.
Would your organisation be willing to sponsor the directory or do you know of an organisation that we should approach to help fund this?
Could you tick the relevant responses under updates please. Companies are having a tough time along with everyone else so if sponsors aren’t forthcoming, with enough demand we could make it happen by simply charging per copy. (It also enables me to quantify the support for the idea to sponsors).
I Love Windsor Limited