The annual Garden in Bloom competition has been launched and this year it will be done virtually.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let your neighbours know this is happening, especially those who are not usually online but who do take part in the competition. Share with them the domain name www.gardeninbloom.co.uk as it points to this page and gives them full instructions. If they don’t use technology, if you could enter for them. Thank you.
Cllr Jon Davey on behalf of those who love this competition.
This year’s competition will have five categories. They are:
- Blooming Beautiful – For images of your garden, especially the colourful parts.
- Grown at Home – To show off your homegrown fruit and/or vegetables.
- Back to Nature – This can be anything that attracts wildlife in your garden, including ponds, bug hotels, or bird baths, etc.
- Nature Indoors – Show us your houseplants and small place solutions.
- Utterly Upcycled – Have you repurposed an old bookshelf into a raised bed, or used an old bath as a planter? We would love to see how creative you have been in your gardens, especially if you’ve rescued something that would’ve otherwise ended up at the tip.
To enter the council’s Garden in Bloom competition, please choose a single category, and send your entry photograph with your name and your ward to email@example.com
Last week the Royal Horticultural Society held its first virtual Chelsea Flower Show, and celebrities all over the country shared pictures of their gardens to celebrate the positive impact gardening has on mental health.
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead’s Garden in Bloom competition has always been an exciting part of the summer months for both our residents who take part and our ward councillors, who judge the competition entries.
Feel free to share your photos and creative ideas to EcoWAM Facebook Page, Instagram and Twitter. This is a community space online that was set up during the lockdown to help families learn more about sustainability and the natural world around them. It is a treasure trove of fun activities, interesting facts and valuable resources.
The deadline to enter is midnight on Sunday 12 July.
Winners for each category will receive a virtual rosette.
Councillor Donna Stimson
Cabinet Member for Environmental Services, Climate Change, Sustainability, Parks and Countryside