I’ve asked for the flying of flags to be added to the Windsor Town Forum agenda for Tuesday 8th March 2022 so we can make the most of Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
The government wants to see more flags flown, particularly the Union Flag, the flag of the United Kingdom. It is a symbol of national unity and pride.
The full list of flags that do not require consent are:
- Any country’s national flag, civil ensign or civil air ensign
- The flag of the Commonwealth, the United Nations or any other international organisation of which the United Kingdom is a member
- A flag of any island, county, district, borough, burgh, parish, city, town or village within the United Kingdom
- The flag of the Black Country, East Anglia, Wessex, any Part of Lincolnshire, any Riding of Yorkshire or any historic county within the United Kingdom
- The flag of Saint David, the flag of Saint Patrick
- The flag of any administrative area within any country outside the United Kingdom
- Any flag of Her Majesty’s forces
- The Armed Forces Day flag
The above flags or their flagpoles must not display any advertisement or subject matter additional to the design of the flag.
Your business can fly your business brand on buildings it owns and within the grounds. So can your sports club, with no advertising logos.
If you fly two flags from the same pole then the Union Flag should dominate.
So get your flags flying across RBWM and let’s celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee with some style.